Speeding up the production process is the main aim of all companies. But you can’t improve, if you do not have complete control of your production orders. Or if you have to prevent possible human errors on your contour cutting machines’ settings and planning. If you are dealing with foam cutting and experiencing troubles concerning the management of your production cycle, the RAM Commander is the solution.
The RAM Commander is a set of software programs that bidirectionally connects the production planner with machines and operators. In this way, it allows to conveniently manage the production flow directly from your office.
But how does the RAM Commander work?
It includes two systems – the RAM CAD Planning Package license and a planning tool.
With the former, the user (e.g. the technical office, the Production Manager, etc.) can easily import, manage and create models and cutting paths. Thus, it helps to define what to produce and how to produce it.
The integration with the RAM Commander enhances and boosts the RAM CAD. Indeed, the first one adds a temporal dimension to the second, by making it possible to define when to produce the orders. Moreover, the planning tool allows to specify which of the machines connected to it is expected to produce and determines the work shift.
This solution is perfect for well-organized production contexts, since it smooths the communication between the production planner and the user, and reduces possible human mistakes when preparing the machine for the cutting process.
As a matter of fact, the machine operator is only expected to load the material, confirm the related cutting path, and start the process. In addition, the RAM Commander associates the machine settings to the type of material processed (e.g. cutting speed management, strategy in the corners and arcs, use of the sponge detection sensor, etc.).
Then, once the contour cutting machine has concluded the operations, it automatically sends a communication to the production planner through the onboard handheld. In this way, it is possible to constantly monitor the production flow and get a real-time view on the cutting processes and the production queue.
Not only does it manage production orders: the RAM Commander also collects data.
Indeed, thanks to an accurate analysis, it is able to get performance indicators of the whole production cycle, thus showing if a cutting machine is not completely filled, if some operators need further training, etc. Furthermore, it provides statistics concerning the blades and the machines in general, such as the number of blades used, the life span of each of them, their average life span, etc. So, the production planner always has an overall view of the whole production.
Now that you’ve find out all its qualities, are you dreaming of it but you fear you are aiming too high?
Don’t worry! This software suite is not exclusive for well-organized production contexts only. On the contrary, everyone can start improving their production with it. Indeed, the RAM Commander helps, in a simple, immediate way, to bring out the planner hidden inside you!
Don’t hold back: upgrade your production and get complete command of it!
Do you run a business in the polyurethane industry and you are struggling to manage materials logistics and crosscuts on your foam blocks? Does all this result into low productivity for your company? There is only one solution, which is RotaDobe.
The RAM RotaDobe integration can be fitted on all our horizontal contour cutting machines – with a view to transforming them into mini cutting lines. Whether you choose an endless band-knife (e.g. our SLC EV), an oscillating blade (e.g. our SPL EV), or an abrasive wire contour cutter (e.g. our SFI EV), you will still get the opportunity to integrate this optional to your machine.
But what exactly does the RAM RotaDobe do?
It enables you to set up automatic cutting mode so as to manage the loading-unloading cycle as well as the entire processing of the foam block. In more details, thanks to the RotaDobe configuration, once the block in input has been loaded onto the machine:
- it will automatically align and wait in the inlet of the machine, until the previous block has been completely processed. Isn’t it cool?
Thanks to the smart aligning function, indeed, you won’t need extra space outside the body of your machine to be able to align your blocks. Everything is done on board!
- Afterwards, the foam block will slide forward towards an automatic rotating table (while the previous block shifts towards the outlet).
- Lastly, while the first block has been unloaded in the outlet and the second one is being processed on the cutting table, a third block can be loaded in the inlet, to continue with the workflow.
In other words, it is a concatenated manufacturing process that, potentially, could repeat endlessly, provided that there is material in input.
Why is the rotating cutting table automatic in the RD configuration?
The RotaDobe system has been conceived to enhance productivity, therefore it is time- and effort-saving. An automatic rotating table entails that you can perform crosscuts without human intervention needed to move the block. A crosscut consists in two consequent cuts, on two different sides of the block, so as to obtain a 3D result (see picture below).
The RotaDobe’s evolution over time
- In 2004, the first version of the RotaDobe system was designed. However, this model was still far different from the current one. Its working phases being identical notwithstanding, indeed, the workflow and working time were completely different. In more details: alignment, loading, cutting and unloading were four different phases in a row and none of them used to overlap.
- In 2015, our technical team and engineers managed to launch a new, enhanced configuration. RotaDobe II was now able to align a second block in the inlet of the machine, while the first block was being processed, thus reducing time and increasing productivity.
- However, the greatest success concerning the RotaDobe integration has arrived this year. RotaDobe III currently enables to manage three blocks at a time: when block no. 1 is resting in the outlet of the machine (parking area), block no. 2 is being processed, and block no. 3 is being aligned in the inlet of the machine. In other words, the cutting phase of block no. 1 overlaps with the aligning phase of block no. 2, and the unloading phase of block no. 1 overlaps with the loading of block no. 2. That’s why we talk about a mini cutting line!
RotaDobe: the ideal configuration to perform crosscuts automatically and obtain a 3D result
RotaDobe: our ideas grow, to let your block flow…
September is just around the corner, what are you waiting for?
DREMA: an exhibition for furniture and upholstery
From September 15th to 18th, 2020, RAM participates in the DREMA Exhibition, in Poznań, Poland. It is an international trade fair of machines, tools and components for the wood and furniture industries. In this upcoming edition, DREMA will join forces with Sofab – the international trade fair of upholstery materials and components for upholstered furniture – and Furnica – the international trade fair for furniture production.
The merge of these three exhibitions will provide visitors with a complete overview of these overlapping sectors, starting from raw materials and ending with high-tech machinery and equipment – such as our cnc contour cutting machines and table cutters.
Innovation and Technology
Such a remarkable event notwithstanding, the economic slowdown that companies in the furniture industry are witnessing today cannot be neglected. As a consequence, we manufacturers need to invest in technological progress so as to save raw materials, as well as minimize labor and energy costs. In this regard, DREMA, Sofab and Furnica will focus on the latest trends of the wood, furniture and upholstery industries, with a view to offering a response to the challenges these sectors are facing. They will show us how robotization and automatization are no longer enough. Betting on design and functionality is fundamental to stand out in such a competitive market.
And this is where RAM comes into play, as we cannot simply sit idly by on those comfy sofas we help you create.
Indeed, at RAM, research and innovation have always been at the core of our business, leading on to continuous technological development. As pioneers in envisioning the future of the polyurethane foam cutting industry, we will be presenting two innovative machines of our catalogue:
- our VCR Handy, that is, a vertical contour cutting machine. It is the most practical vertical cutter of our line, which has been conceived to work already processed materials. In addition, due to its reduced dimensions, it can be installed in very narrow spaces and it makes human-machine interaction very convenient.
- Our SLC EV, an endless band knife, horizontal contour cutting machine, designed to be highly productive and versatile. Equipped with central knife guidance that supports the blade if needed, it ensures better performance in terms of speed and cutting precision. When the going gets tough, the SLC EV gets going! Indeed, it can process a higher range of hard materials compared to other contour cutters.
As they both will be working during the whole show, you will get the chance to see and assess them in person.
Covid-19: safety first!
To conclude, of course we have not forgotten about your safety.
More specifically, DREMA has introduced sanitary rules, in line with what Director Andrzej Półrolniczak said: “This year the safety and health protection of the exhibitors, visitors and employees of DREMA, equally to the quality of the event, are our priority”.
So, now you have no excuses left to keep procrastinating.
We are already dremaing of meeting you!
In collaborazione con UNIMORE, il 19-20* Maggio parteciperemo all’evento online di presentazione e recruiting.
Siamo alla ricerca di candidati pronti a mettersi in gioco per…anticipare il domani ad oggi.
Cerchiamo visionari game changer, commerciali esuberanti, meticolosi organizzatori, precisi addetti back-office, pazienti coordinatori, problem solver fuori dagli schemi: siamo convinti che ciascuno abbia un suo talento e che, se nelle condizioni per utilizzarlo, possa spiccare il volo.
Abbiamo molte idee.
Abbiamo tanto spazio.
Abbiamo bisogno di voi per realizzare insieme un potenziale davvero grande, divertendoci insieme.
Il 19-20* Maggio avremo una prima occasione per conoscerci: per prenotare una call, scrivete un messaggio creativo a firstname.lastname@example.org .
Le nostre posizioni aperte sono pubblicate sulla bacheca online di UNIMORE. Se siete comunque convinti di dover entrare nel nostro team, scriveteci pure del vostro talento, siamo curiosi.
(*: il 21/05 non saremo disponibili. A chi non potesse il 19/05 o il 20/05 proporremo una data successiva.)
Sofab and Furnica join DREMA 2020
Come and join us at Sofab 2020, to discover RAM’s latest novelties. From 15th to 18th September 2020, we will be in Poznan, Poland.
We are waiting for you!
Come and join us at the Foam Expo Europe 2020. From the 10th to the 12th of November 2020 in Stuttgart – Germany, to discover the latest news of the RAM offering! We are waiting for you at booth nr. 1029!
Come and join us at the Interzum 2021. From the 04th to the 07th of May 2021 in Cologne – Germany, to discover that your idea of the future of contour cutting is already in our booth! We are waiting for you in Hall 9.1 at booth C011!
Questo sito utilizza i cookie per fornire la migliore esperienza di navigazione possibile. Continuando a utilizzare questo sito senza modificare le impostazioni dei cookie o cliccando su "Accetta" permetti il loro utilizzo.